Monday, August 29, 2011

Underground "It" Girl: Taylor LaShae

Photo by Zach Gross

If you haven't heard of her, you should start paying attention now.

I was lucky enough to stumble upon Ms. LaShae when flipping through a blog post for Urban Outfitter's "Hit The Road" picture album. I could tell from just the one picture I saw that this was no ordinary retro-fashion-loving-junkie and very quickly decided to investigate. I ended up finding her tumblr and flickr accounts and was amazed by what I discovered. Not only was this girl a model with classic features, but she had also styled for photographer Juan Carlos De Leon and companies like Loli and Ally Swim LineThe Printed Mind, Colin Kelly, Julie Worsham, Kennon Everett, Bryan Anderson, and more! Not only that, but I also found that that this girl does some photography herself! On her flickr I was able to find a load of pictures she has taken throughout the past few years which all include clients she's styled for, modeling pictures, and pictures she's taken for business and fun. 

After a little research, I decided to finally contact Taylor; mainly because I wanted to inform her that she had a new fan, but also because I was curious as to whether or not she would be interested in doing an interview for me and my blog -- and guess what! SHE SAID YES! So, here it is: a glimpse into the inner workings of Taylor LaShae. Enjoy!


To sum it all up: A Universe of Paradoxes.

That's how the young model/photographer/stylist describes her self in only four words. Her unique style and classic beauty is certainly one for the books, which is why I am truly thrilled that she was kind enough to answer a few questions about her personal and unique photography style, and her "forever young" attitude. 

Photo by Jackie Luo

Pannonse: What motivated you to get into the fashion and beauty industry and what about it intrigues you most?

Taylor:  What motivates me about the industry is the passion people have about what they do, whether that be modeling, or fashion, or photography... to pulling the clothes, to directing. It is the work and love put into everything in this industry that makes me want to learn everything about it. It absolutely fascinates me so I never want to stop learning, and creating, and gaining more from it. I breathe this.

P: I know that you really love photography, anyone that takes one look at your blog can easily see that, what inspires you to take a picture of something?

T: What inspires me to take a photo when I see it is... Well, I actually can't explain. Haha, something stops me. When I have to do a double take on something or when it takes my breathe away - I just have to snap a photo. In between the way the light hits whatever I am looking at, or the way the colors blend in with the scenery of it, or if the model just looks flawless. So, when I get inspired by an object.. that inspires me to snap away.


P: Black and white is seems to be a big trend for you, what about is it about a  black and white picture that color doesn't do for you? 

T: Black and white has definitely been the craze for me these days. Something about black and white makes the rest of the image void - I love it that way. It's more mysterious... it hides a part of the story in the image that makes it classic and keeps it simply beautiful. I find hiding the colors hides the truth of a photo. The only truth you need should be in black or white. It's as simple as that.


P: To all the people out there that look up to you, and are inspired by you, what is one piece of advice you would like to give them? Anything you would like them to know?

T: Wow…to the people that are inspired by me? First thing I can say is I am shocked! I am thrilled to know that the things I find in life that make me the utter most happy, that make me ...GO! can be inspiring to others. I say thank you! And any advice I have to you.. is no matter what you do in life, enjoy it! Do everything that takes to fill your passions and to live them. If you don't, you truly will not be living- and believe me: you want to live.


P: If you could portray one message in your photographs, what would it be?

T: The one thing I would love to portray mostly in my photographs is determination to succeed. I take photos and have been for so long - not only because I love to but because I will never stop doing it. I never want to stop learning and stop seeing what I can do better in my images and what angle or shot would look better through this light, or this lens. If I could show the world that this is one of my greatest passions by nonstop photos, haha, then I will continue to do so. No where near stopping!


Pictures Taylor has styled: 

 Photos by: Juan Carlos De Leon

"I truly want to be romanced. Does that even exist anymore? I want be stared at...like really stared at - watching their eyes move from one to the other...and they couldn’t wait half a second later to kiss me. Where is the passion in modern love?"

— Taylor LaShae (taken form Tumblr)



Taylor LaShae Photography




So there you have it! Check out Taylor's Blogs Here:
and here:

Photo by Zach Gross

“i prefer to be muted in black and white than to be colorful and vulnerable.” --Taylor LaShae (taken from Tumblr)



3 comments:

  1. Amazing post!! I love her answers <3
    http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/
    Love,
    Mary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. She seems like a really talented and inspiring person,

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW such an amazing interview doll. Absolutely loved getting to know her and she's definitely beautiful

    Kisses,
    Marina
    http://www.fashionmakeuplifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete